We’ve all had something leak in our bag at some point, right?
Even if it was just your lunch – you can appreciate the need to keep things contained and organized!
Travel toiletry bags keep your personal care products in a convenient and safe package for the road.
Scroll down for my list of the best toiletry bags of 2019, listed roughly in size order for your convenience.
- TOP 15 Best Travel Toiletry Bags 2019
- GOX Travel Toiletry Bag
- Olanmark TSA Approved Toiletry Bag
- Lermende 3 pcs TSA Approved Toiletry Bags
- Osprey Ultralight Roll Organizer
- Sea to Summit Hanging Toiletry Bag
- Zero Grid Travel Dopp Bag
- Eagle Creek Pack It Quick Trip Toiletry Bag
- Herschel Chapter Travel Kit
- Bopipa Hanging Toiletry Bag
- Mossio Hanging Toiletry Bag
- Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter Toiletry Kit
- Valourgo Travel Size Toiletry Bag
- Boacay Hanging Travel Toiletry Bag
- Buruis Extra Large Hanging Toiletry Bag
- Expert Travel Hanging Toiletry Bag
- How to Choose the Best Toiletry Bag
TOP 15 Best Travel Toiletry Bags 2019
GOX Travel Toiletry Bag
Review: For the minimalist travelers out there, this little case is ideal for the essentials, offering an impressive number of pockets for such a small bag.
It has a separate zippered waterproof pocket and 2 mesh pouches inside the main compartment.
It comes in a wide range of colors and sizes so you can have multiple bags for different purposes such as a first aid kit or an electronics bag.
- 7.9” x 3.7” x 2” case is small and compact.
- Durable 420D nylon and YKK zipper.
- Waterproof pocket.
- A loop on one side makes it possible to hang up.
- Probably too small for most people.
Olanmark TSA Approved Toiletry Bag
Review: This little bag is ideal for going through security and taking on board with you. It is fully TSA compliant but made of durable plastic with a strong skeleton that holds its shape.
It even has pockets so If you have a few smaller items like earplugs, they don’t have to rattle around in the main compartment.
- 7” x 5.5” x 1.5” dimensions exactly match the airport provided bags.
- 1 zippered side pocket and 2 internal pockets for extra organization of small items.
- Durable plastic, reliable zipper and comfortable handle.
- It won’t last forever, a clear plastic bag can only be so durable.
Lermende 3 pcs TSA Approved Toiletry Bags
Review: If you’re flying with just carry-on luggage, using a TSA approved bag can make your airport time much less stressful.
You won’t need to separate your liquids and use a single-use plastic bag at the airport, just whip out your TSA approved toiletry bag and display your liquids for inspection.
- 7.7” x 5.9” x 2.5” dimensions.
- Clear plastic so you can see everything easily.
- TSA approved and hand-luggage friendly.
- Lightweight and compact.
- No separate compartments or pockets for organization.
Osprey Ultralight Roll Organizer
Review: You have to be realistic about the number of products you travel with before giving a bag like this a go – it’s designed for people who travel light.
There is plenty of room for travel-sized essentials but don’t expect to be able to fit all the extras like hair gel and makeup or complicated skincare regimes.
Are you up for the challenge? If you are – this toiletry bag is top of the line Osprey quality and will cope with whatever you put it through.
- 9” x 6” x 3” dimensions are ideal for light travelers.
- Rolls up into a compact package and unrolls to hang up.
- Hangs in multiple ways so if there isn’t a hook you’ll be able to improvize.
- Mesh pockets allow you to see everything.
- Pockets aren’t leak proof.
- Can be hard to roll neatly if you over-fill it.
Sea to Summit Hanging Toiletry Bag
Review: As above, be realistic about how much space you need. But if you’re up to the challenge, you can’t go wrong with this classic design from Sea to Summit.
It has one main compartment and hangs by the top flap with a few extra small internal sleeves and pockets for organization.
- 9” x 6” x 3” or 3 L capacity.
- YKK zippers and Ultra-silk fabric is ultra-lightweight and water-resistant.
- Unbeatable durability.
- The main compartment makes it really easy to access everything when it’s hanging.
- It’s very hard to find fault with this bag!
Zero Grid Travel Dopp Bag
Review: This cylindrical toiletry bag is ideal if you just have a few small items to carry and a prefer a compact package.
It has one main compartment, 9.8” x 5.5”, with a little zip pocket inside as well for small items. It’s designed for men, but there’s no reason why women can’t use this neat little case either.
- Sleek, compact design.
- Durable YKK zipper.
- Ripstop nylon outer and paracord zipper pull.
- Collapsible and water resistant.
- The straps on either end aren’t sewn on very securely so you might want to find someone who’s handy with a needle and thread to put a few extra stitches in.
Eagle Creek Pack It Quick Trip Toiletry Bag
Review: This toiletry bag has a triangular shape and consists of the main compartment with 2 side pockets.
It’s very durable and will definitely cope with all of the rigors of travel while also being lightweight, easy to clean and a good size.
- 10”x 5.5”x 4” dimensions are compact but big enough.
- Stain-resistant outer and water repellent lining.
- Machine washable.
- Very lightweight.
- Doesn’t hold its shape when it’s not full and you may have to rummage a bit to find what you want.
Herschel Chapter Travel Kit
Review: This is a simple and sleek designed kit and is top of the line quality. It consists of one main compartment with an inner mesh sleeve and zippered side pocket.
Well-made and durable, this bag has a deceptively large main compartment and is ideal for people with an eye for detail.
- 9.5” x 6” x 4.5” or a 5L capacity.
- Holds its shape when sitting open.
- Wide range of colors to suit everyone.
- Not waterproof.
Bopipa Hanging Toiletry Bag
Review: This toiletry bag ticks all of the boxes. It is large enough for everything you need on the road with 3 different compartments for organization.
It is affordable, comes in green or pink, is made of durable material and can be hung on a hook to save space in the bathroom.
- Large size – 9.8” x 6.7” x 3.5” is large enough for full-sized bottles of shampoo.
- Small zippered mesh pocket for things you don’t want to lose.
- Leakproof zip pocket.
- Bottles in the 3 slip pouches will be upside down when the whole thing is zipped up and being held by the handle so could leak.
Mossio Hanging Toiletry Bag
Review: This is a classic hanging toiletry bag with one main compartment and a top flap that folds out to hang. The flap has two zippered pockets, one mesh and one clear plastic so that your things are visible and easy to find.
The main compartment closes with a zipper while the top flap closes with Velcro.
- 9.5” x 7.48” x 3.74” main compartment provides plenty of room for full-sized bottles.
- Many pretty colors to choose from.
- Slightly padded to protect your products from drops and bumps.
- Plenty of pockets and compartments.
- Not indestructible but reasonable quality for the price.
Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter Toiletry Kit
Review: This is another classic, fail-safe design of reliable Eagle Creek quality.
It is lightweight for a medium capacity bag, weighing just 5.5 oz. and is made of top quality materials in a convenient and easy to use style.
- 10” x 7.5” x 4.5” or 6.5 L of capacity.
- Swivel hook lets you hang it in awkward places and stows away when not in use.
- Ultra lightweight silnylon is durable and water resistant.
- 2 zippered pockets in the flap and sleeves for organization in the main compartment.
- A little pricey.
Valourgo Travel Size Toiletry Bag
Review: This toiletry bag is designed more like a cosmetics bag, and you can use if for both, so why not?
It has 2 main compartments with plenty of space for multiple products.
The bag is freestanding and will sit open so that you don’t have to worry about it tipping over and sprinkling your things on the ground.
- 9” x 5.9” x 5.9”.
- Top compartment opens with a double-zippered flap to allow easy, freestanding access.
- Bottom compartment completely unzips and folds open like a book.
- TSA approved.
- Waterproof bottom compartment.
- Doesn’t hang.
Boacay Hanging Travel Toiletry Bag
Review: This is truly a family-sized toiletry bag – it is massive and holds a ton of stuff! It’s well designed, with a sleeve or compartment for everything.
It has one main compartment, a lid that folds open with 2 zippered mesh pockets, and 2 large side pockets with sleeves for individual items.
- 10” x 8.5” x 4.7”
- Smooth metal zippers.
- Waterproof and easy to clean.
- Multiple pockets, compartments, and sleeves.
- At this price, there’s not much to fault with this bag. The durability is what you’d expect from a bag at this price.
Buruis Extra Large Hanging Toiletry Bag
Review: If you’re going away for a longer amount of time and need more space, this extra-large bag should fit the bill. At 11” x 7.9” x 5.9”, it has space for everything you might need.
It has one main compartment with a flat bottom that is ideal for large bottles, as well as 3 zippered mesh pockets and 2 side compartments with sleeves and loops that are ideal for toothbrushes or makeup brushes.
- Comes in 7 different colors.
- More pockets and sleeves and compartments than you could need.
- Ideal for makeup brushes.
- Waterproof outer material.
- No separate waterproof pocket so if one bottle leaks, it will cover everything.
Expert Travel Hanging Toiletry Bag
Review: This is a true hanging toiletry bag, it doesn’t open out with just one flap and one main compartment, but 4 flaps that fold out into a string of pockets.
Each flap has a zippered pocket with a clear plastic window so you can see what’s inside and keep the contents of the other flaps protected from leaks.
- Lifetime warranty.
- YKK zippers and reinforced plastic windows.
- Large, deep pockets hold full-sized shampoo bottles easily.
- Clear windows make it easy to know where everything is.
- Some durability issues over time.
How to Choose the Best Toiletry Bag
Toiletry bags, even the smallest, simplest ones, make traveling a whole lot easier!
Teamed up with some good quality packing cubes, they can allow you to keep everything organized and in place so that you know where to look for something and don’t have to tip out the entire contents of your bag on the floor to find your toothpaste.
The main things to look for are:
As you can see, it’s a balance of personal preference and common sense.
A well-designed carry-on bag paired with one of the smaller toiletry bags from above is simply the best combo for traveling.
If you travel with makeup and don’t want to keep it in the same bag as your personal care products then be sure to check out my article on the best travel makeup bags – you may even find a bag there that can double as a toiletry bag!
What Should I Keep in My Toiletry Bag?
Traveling is an excellent opportunity to par back your personal care products to the bare essentials. You’d be surprised how little you can get away with!
Most people can agree on the essentials:
- A small bar of soap
Yes, believe it or not, those are the essentials for the true minimalists out there.
Most girls would add some face wash, moisturizer, and lip balm. Then if you’re going to be away for more than a couple of nights you’re probably going to want a travel-sized bottle of shampoo and maybe a razor.
But you really don’t need everything that’s in your medicine cabinet.
Trust me, the lighter your bag, the happier your travels!
And, in most places, you can buy what you need at your destination so you don’t actually need to travel with everything.
Other useful toiletries for travel include:
- Insect repellent
- Some antibacterial cream and a few band-aids
- Water purification tablets
How do I Pack My Toiletry Bag?
The main thing to think about here is how much of everything you need for the time that you’re going to be away.
If you’re traveling with carry-on then you can only take 100ml bottles anyway. But even if you’re checking in your luggage, it pays to save weight and transfer your liquids into smaller bottles.
Plan ahead and save small bottles from food items and drinks that would double as a container for shampoo or sunscreen.
How do You Clean a Toiletry Bag?
Some toiletry bags are machine washable, but washing machines can be pretty brutal so I’d recommend wiping out any spills with a damp cloth.
If things get really messy then washing your toiletry bag by hand in a sink of warm soapy water and then rinsing gently is probably still a better plan than putting it in the washing machine.
What Toiletries Can I Take in Hand Luggage?
The issue here isn’t what so much as how much…
the one exception here is aerosols. You can’t travel with aerosol cans on a plane as the pressure difference could cause them to explode – and no one wants that!
Aside from aerosols and blades or sharp objects (scissors, knives, in some cases razors…), you can take any liquids providing they are in containers smaller than 100ml, and the total volume is no more than a quart in the U.S. or 1 Litre in the rest of the world.
Remember gels are still liquids!
So there you have it, some of the best toiletry bags for travel in 2019.
There are a lot to choose from but once you know how much stuff you’re looking to travel with, you’ll know where to start!
Be sure to download my e-book on solo travel safety and share your tips on transporting toiletries below!
Get 50 Solo Travel Safety Tips eBook for FREE
No more reading loads of posts about solo traveler safety. Get your 50 point safety list in one eBook. Be ready, stay safe!