A hammock by itself won’t protect you from the bugs.
If you’re going on a camping trip out in the woods, you’re going to need to find the best hammock with mosquito net.
Many outdoor enthusiasts won’t camp without a mosquito net – it’s only a little more work to hang up a mosquito net, and you’ll never be sorry that you kept the bugs at bay.
Don’t come home red and itchy – pick a hammock that will keep you safe from the winged biters and stingers that inhabit the woods.
- What Features Should I Look for in the Best Hammock with Mosquito Net?
- Best TOP 5 Hammocks with Bug Nets Reviews 2018
- Deciding on the Best Hammock With Mosquito Net for You
What Features Should I Look for in the Best Hammock with Mosquito Net?
There are two kinds of mosquito nets, and the difference is pretty big.
One mosquito net will offer you the best amount of protection, and the other kind will fall short.
Full Enclosure Nets
Full enclosure nets use either zippers or Velcro to attach themselves right to the body of the hammock.
These don’t allow for any gaps, so nothing can crawl or fly in, under, or around the bug net.
Nothing will keep you safer than hammocks that incorporate this design feature.
Hammocks that don’t incorporate a mosquito net into the design will require you to purchase a fully zippered enclosure net that fits over the hammock body that you’ve already purchased.
You should always purchase a version that doesn’t have an opening. Other nets that hang over the body of the hammock will often leave the bottom open.
These kinds of nets are practically useless.
They’re only protecting you from the top, and they allow anything to fly or crawl up underneath the netting at the bottom. These aren’t worth your time or money.
If a bug wants to infiltrate these kinds of nets, it would be fairly easy. You’re a tasty morsel for these bugs, and they won’t have to work hard to get inside and bite you. Always skip loose nets – it’s worth it to spend a little more money for the extra protection.
Best TOP 5 Hammocks with Bug Nets Reviews 2018
Mosquito nets are one of the most popular hammock accessories.
It isn’t hard to find a great hammock that incorporates a mosquito net, and it doesn’t have to be expensive to purchase one.
If you want a hammock with a mosquito net, any one of the hammocks on this list is a worthwhile investment for your next camping trip.
GoRoam Outdoors Single Parachute Camping Hammock with Mosquito Net
This hammock is 9 feet and 2 inches long by 4 feet and 5 inches wide, offering a ton of interior space.
The total combined weight with all of the accessories is about 3 pounds, making it light enough to carry on a backpacking trip.
The hammock body is made of woven 210T nylon, which is lightweight and dries quickly when wet.
All of the seams are held together with triple interlocking stitching for maximum durability, unlike cheaper hammocks that only double stitch. The weight limit of this hammock is up to 500 pounds.
- This hammock comes with more than just an integrated mosquito net. It also includes a carrying sack, two ten foot hammock straps, and steel carabiners. You won’t need to purchase anything separately.
- Mosquito net offers a zipper closure rather than a Velcro one. It won’t pop open when you move around during the night, so you’ll be able to sleep safe and secure.
- Most hammocks are only rated for a maximum weight of 400 pounds. The weight rating of this hammock is at 500 pounds. If need be, two large adults would be able to sit inside of it without testing its limits.
- While two adults could sit in this hammock, it’s not designed for two adults to sleep in it. This is best used as a single hammock because of its width.
Krazy Outdoors Mosquito Net Hammock
This hammock is made of a quick drying parachute nylon, and comes in your choice of either blue or black.
The hammock itself is 9 feet long by 4 feet and six inches wide, so tall campers can sleep comfortably inside.
The mesh top is very fine – it protects against anything as large as a mosquito, or as small as a no see em.
The total weight of the hammock is 1 pound and 3 ounces, and it packs down into the stuff sack sewn onto the side. The entire hammock is resistant to mold, mildew, and rot.
- This hammock is convertible, and can simply be flipped over to use without the mosquito net. This makes it a great place to sit on the campsite when you don’t need to close yourself in.
- This hammock is a great weight for backpackers or hikers. It’s nowhere near as heavy as a one person tent. If you’re traveling with a group, each person could easily carry their own hammock along with any other gear they may need.
- The bed of the hammock is wide enough to use with a camping pad if you’re taking it to a colder climate, or if you want extra protection from the underside of the hammock.
- This hammock doesn’t come with straps. You’ll need to purchase them separately.
EIALA Camping Hammock with Mosquito Net
This hammock is made entirely out of parachute cloth, which is naturally lightweight and wind resistant. It comes with carabiners and nylon ropes for simple setup.
The weight limit is a maximum of 330 pounds, and the bed of the hammock is 94 inches long by 47 inches wide. The hammock and all of its gear packs away into a storage bag for a total weight of 1.3 pounds, making it easy to carry and light to pack away.
- This hammock comes with everything you need to set it up. There’s no need to purchase carabiners or ropes separately.
- This is a zipper enclosure net, rather than a Velcro net. This means it will hold you in securely, and the potential for gaps in coverage is very low. All you need to remember to do is completely zip it closed.
- This comes in a blue and gray scheme, but they also offer a model that’s solid olive green. This is perfect for hunters who are looking to take a camping hammock to the hunt ground. You’ll be able to maintain a low profile.
- If you prefer to hang a hammock with straps rather than ropes, you’ll need to purchase the straps separately. The ropes will allow you to use it immediately, but you may want to upgrade.
Out Topper Camping Hammock with Mosquito Net
The Out Topper comes in different colors, and is made of parachute material. Since this material is breathable, you’ll appreciate being able to catch a breeze on a hot day.
It has a weight limit of up to 330 pounds, and it comes with steel clips, hanging ropes, line for the mosquito net, and two storage bags for the hammock and the included equipment.
The hammock is 102 inches long by 55 inches wide, making it one of the most spacious single hammocks with a bug net available.
- This hammock comes in both olive green and army camo, making it perfect for hunters. If you want to spend a few days out on the hunting ground without disturbing the area, you’ll find that this hammock is more convenient than a tent and it will limit your visibility.
- This is a convertible hammock. Simply flip it upside down and re-clip the bed in order to use it without the bug net. It becomes an open air lounging hammock.
- This hammock is technically large enough for two people. An adult and a child or two small adults would be able to share in it a pinch. It may not be very comfortable, but you’ll still have enough space.
- If you aren’t comfortable tying knots and using ropes to suspend your hammock, you’re going to have to purchase a set of straps separately.
Snugpak Jungle Hammock with Mosquito Net
This hammock features a zip up mosquito net and a 400 pound weight capacity. The hammock measures 9 feet long by 4 feet and 8 inches wide.
It packs down to an 8 inch by 7 inch by 2.5 inch size for easy carrying. It weighs less than 2 pounds, and tucks away into the stuff sack attached to the side of the hammock.
It comes in olive green, and is designed for rugged use in the woods.
- This hammock comes with 4 ten foot lengths of guy rope for hanging both the hammock and the mosquito net, which requires two lines. You’re also getting the carabiners you need to set up the hammock.
- The net suspension system creates a wider canopy that’s easy to sleep under.
- This hammock, including the mosquito net, is small enough to stuff into a cargo pocket in your shorts. You don’t even need to put it in your camping pack.
- This hammock comes with suspension ropes. If you would rather hang your hammock with straps, you’re going to have to pick up a pair separately.
Deciding on the Best Hammock With Mosquito Net for You
The best hammock with mosquito net will offer you enough room to sleep and adequate protection from things that go bump in the night.
Nobody wants to go out on a camping trip and come home covered in itchy red spots.
All of these are relatively affordable, and any one of them is a good choice for backpackers. All you need to consider is how much you’re willing to spend and whether or not you have a preferred color scheme.
The rest is easy!